Here are the basics of our faith.
To see our in-depth Doctrinal Statement with Scriptural citations click here.
The Word of God:
- We believe the Holy Bible is the divinely inspired Word of God and thus completely without error in the original manuscripts. It is the totally trustworthy guide for life, faith and practice.
- We believe in One God who exists eternally in three co-equal persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ who was supernaturally born of a virgin, lived a perfectly sinless life, suffered and died on the cross for the sins of the world, rose again from the grave on the third day, and who will one day soon return in power and glory to judge the world.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit who enables mankind to understand the things of God, convicts them of their sin and who is the comforter, counselor, teacher and source of strength for all who believe in Christ.
- We believe that God created man in His own image and because of this, every person has unique dignity and worth. But, we also believe that mankind was essentially corrupted as a result of Adam’s disobedience and because of this people are now sinners both by nature and by deed causing them to be lost and separated from the relationship God intended them to have with Him.
- We believe that because of humanity’s inherited sinful nature and our individual rebellious acts every person stands condemned and in danger from His impending wrath. The only remedy for this condition is the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ. No amount of self-effort or good works are sufficient to obtain or secure our salvation. Forgiveness is only possible by accepting God’s freely offered gift of salvation by grace through faith in the work of His Son, Jesus at the cross.
- We believe that all who have genuinely placed their faith and trust in Christ are kept eternally secure by the power of God through the Holy Spirit. This security must never be taken as a license to indulge in sinful behaviors however.
The Resulting Life:
- We believe that once one is brought from death to eternal life in Christ, God desires, commands and empowers us to become more and more like Him in our daily lives. We are called to make Jesus our Lord and to live in such a way as to bring glory and honor to Him as we represent Him and become His witnesses in the world.
- We believe that the Church is the world-wide body of Christ consisting of all those who have placed their faith and trust in Him and therefore have fellowship with all who hold to historic orthodox Christian doctrine. We also believe that the establishment of local churches is ordained in the New Testament and that these should be free of external authority or control.
- Ordinances: We practice two ordinances: the Lord's Supper (typically the first Sunday of the month) and water baptism by immersion for believers.
- We believe in the personal, imminent return of Jesus to claim His own, a great tribulation and a literal thousand year millennial kingdom as described primarily in the book of the Revelation.
- We believe that all who have a saving relationship with Christ will immediately be with Him in paradise at their death. All who die apart from Him will experience eternal punishment.